Thursday 10 March 2016

DPS Changes


This above was my initial draft of my double page spread. The font I used was called Trajan Pro and it is a rather classic and basic font which is a reason why I used it as it may typically break the rap genre stereotype as it doesn't really fit well because rappers are seen as thugs rather than classy. Another reason I used it is because it was very simple and looked clean on all of my production pieces and didn't look out of place when combined with photos and other conventions of a magazine.

But after speaking to multiple members of potential target audience, I have altered the production. I was advised of what I already knew but what I decided to go against. I was told that the font didn't fit in with the genre of the magazine. This meant the the magazines professionalism will be lacking as the magazine wouldn't look real or believable. Therefore meaning it wouldn't attract the target audience very well because at a glance, the target audience may not realise it is a rap magazine as they are unable to create a relationship with the contents of the magazine and therefore not buy it and may buy a more professional magazine. Another reason I decided to take the advice on board and change the font is because this new font does relate to the audience more and also suit the genre much better. This is because rap is a modern type of music, so using a modern font, benefits the magazine as the two link together well, to help attract the gaze of the target audience and also makes the magazine look more realistic and professional. The font is also bold, as is rap music due to the lyrics they commonly contain. So this factor, as with the previous one, helps better attract the target audience of rap as they will be able to relate better to the font as it is more associated with rap music and can contribute to the magazine creating a relationship with the reader as they will easily be able to tell the magazine is a modern magazine which it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment