Sunday 20 March 2016

Draft No.1





After conducting some research on my target audience. Some changes will be made the above draft. The target audience feels that the date in the bottom left is out of place as it is down to the left out the way. So I think I will change it to the top somewhere around the title to make it clearer to see when looking at the masthead. Another thing that has been suggested is the clarity of the sell lines. It seems that the sell lines are blending in with the background image, making it harder for the target audience to notice and read. I'll change the clarity of the font by either adding a text book behind with reduce opacity, to allow it to look clearer against the image or by making the text bolder so it stands out against the main image.


My contents page also requires some changes to allow it to look better and greater suit the target audience. Firstly, my research has shown me that sections should be added to the contents to separate the articles. This will put the articles in to particular groups, split up throughout the magazine. This will allow the target audience to notice the section headers and be able to easier find the specific article they want to read.

Research has also told me my DPS could include some changes. The first is the positioning of the headline. They feel it is too central, therefore cross the gutter of the magazine. So to make it appeal to the target audience more, I will move the headline more to the left hand side of the page so it doesn't cross that gutter as much and allow the majority of the right page be focussed on the main image of the actor. Another thing the target audience feel can be improved is the font. This is because the article font is all capitals, which looks odd in a magazine as common conventions of a magazine will have the article font be in regular writing with upper and lower case text. So by changing this to a more regular font I may be able to better attract my target audience as it will suit their particular needs and interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment